Thursday 9 August 2012

Binge eating be damned

If you've read my past posts, then you'll know that while I rock at exercising (everynight, without fail!), my diet is never quite right. It doesn't matter how good I get, I always crack and not just a little, but I have insane binges where I eat a ridiculous amount of food, to the point where I feel physically ill, and even then I mightn't stop. I know it sounds crazy but its happened so many times now that I'm very happy to label myself as a binge eater, although I don't consider that as an excuse to keep doing it such as when someone says "I'm fat" like that cleanses them of all responsibility for what they do.

But guess what weird bingeing urge? I was ready for you this time! Thats right reader, you will be very proud :D

I've had nothing but soup for dinner for about 3 days in a row, and ofcourse I've been losing weight which is great! but that lack of solid food at night tends to come back and bite me in the arse, meaning after a few days I start feeling the deprivation, the hunger gets to me, and I ruin all of my good work and then some. Its not just the physical discomfort of being hungry, but the mental drain that it gives you.

 I eat plenty during the day, but then just go super light on dinner so its not like I'm unhealthy, I just snap after a while. Sometimes when people can't lose weight its because they can't let go of their "I'm fat" comfort zone, and I'm starting to think for me something similar might be happening with my "losing weight" ideal, like I might actually be a bit scared of getting to the finish line? I'll lose that "something to focus on" feeling.

Anywhoo, so I was just about to have my soup when it washed over me, that feeling that screamed utter failure, telling me just to throw it all in and eat whatever because if I didn't do it now, it'd just get worse and I'd do it tomorrow. Instead of giving in as I usually do, I made scrambled eggs!

Usually when I give myself a break like that, I can't stop there and go way too far (bingey binge), but this time, I just had some scrambled eggs, and I didn't go overboard, or then starting eating other stuff as well. I know this is dragging on a bit, but I'm just so happy I'm not going to gain all of my soup-lost weight back! and also, I just love that I'm developing some legitimate control, and these little practice tests will just make it that bit easier next time!

"If you don't change anything, nothing will change!"


Binge eating is a mental battle, and quite the rough one but it is doable, you've just got to understand it so you can recognize it next time around and know exactly what to do. You're hungry and this time you just can't stop yourself? Go and eat something, but eat the right something, and STOP THERE! You'll thank yourself tomorrow trust me.


Exercise wise, I've been doing strength training pretty much everyday this week so I'm thinking I might just have a cardio night tonight:

1/2 an hour of stretching
1 and a 1/2 hours of Zumba

Last night I tried something new with my cross-trainer (elliptical)- intervals! Usually I'd do an hour and a half at just a moderate pace but instead I tried some interval training, I wanted to actually sweat this time! I went for the same 90 mins, just more effectively, try it for yourself!

* 10 minutes at a moderate pace, just for a warm up
* 20 minutes of intervals= 1 minute fast, 1 minute moderate (not too slow!), 1 minutes fast, 1 minute moderate.. for the full 20!

(Find a speed that is very fast for you and try to get back there everytime!)

Then repeat! Both the warm up then the intervals, I repeated 3 times, but once or twice may be better for those who are just starting out.

I'd love to hear how you went with it!

Remember,
Eat Clean, Exercise and Moisturise!
Rosie.x



No comments:

Post a Comment